On July 15, 2016 Fernando Pombo Foundation presented its book “The role of the lawyer in the implementation of the Ruggie principles: 8 good practices for corporate lawyers.”
Many well-known lawyers and experts in innovation in the legal profession area have participated in this book, which is the result of our project “Business and Human Rights: the role of the legal profession.”
After years of work and conversations with national and international leaders about the law global trends and the Sustainable Development Goals – SDG 2030 -, the Foundation is promoting different initiatives for the reinforcement of the legal profession as a multiplier agent regarding social transformation and innovation. Lawyers as social leaders.
We now present some activities we have participated in:
- Presentation of the Project “Business for the Rule of Law (B4ROL)” in Spain.
- Work meeting with businesses of the Spanish Web of the Global Compact – conclusions.
- Symposium organized in 2015 about the role of the legal profession in Business and Human Rights – conclusions.
- Interview: “Business and Human Rights” published in the magazine Actualidad Civil, nº2, January 2015, Editorial LA LEY.
- Articicle The rol of buisness lawyers in human rights compliance published by the bulletin of the International Bar Association´s Human Rights Law Working Group, of the Subcommitte of the Rule Law Action Group (pages 27 to 31)
- Publication of Business and Human Rights: the role of business lawyers, 2014.