Date: 13 to 17 May 2013
Venue: Barcelona, Malaga, Madrid and Valencia in Spain and in Lisbon, Portugal
On the occasion of the Third International Corporate Volunteer Week, organized in Spain by Forética from 13 to 17 May, Fernando Pombo Foundation has organized a series of activities in several cities in Spain and Portugal.
It is estimated that this year Spain will achieve the following impacts: 1,100 volunteers, more than 60 projects, more than 4,300 hours spent and more than 7,500 direct beneficiaries. More information for this initiative can be found on the following link: Give & Gain Day 2013
The activities planned by the Foundation Fernando Pombo for this Third International Corporate Volunteer Week are the following ones:
In collaboration with the Centre Pueblos Unidos:
• Support to the legal department for legal reporting on issues of recurring petition from its target groups: regulation of domestic employment and reforms of the Mortgage Law. The final beneficiaries are mainly migrants but also people at risk of social exclusion in general.
• Intensive course to support children in reading comprehension. This is an ongoing activity during the school year which involves volunteers from the FFP. During this week, an intensive course will be organized. The final beneficiaries will be 40 children.
– One session at the Bar Association of Madrid within the Cycle of lectures about the main legal responsibilities of the nonprofit entities related to the tax obligations. Beneficiaries: 68 entities and around 150 registered individuals.
– One session at the Bar Association of Barcelona within the Cycle of lectures about the main legal responsibilities of the nonprofit entities related to the tax obligations. Beneficiaries: 35 NGOs and 54 registered individuals.
– Lecture at the Pompeu Fabra University on the topic “The Social responsibility in the legal profession and the pro bono work”.
Valencia: Charity collection for the Food Bank of Valencia (primary care to poor people).
Malaga: Pro bono counseling to the Foundation CUDECA (help to terminally ill cancer patients)
Lisbon: Pro bono, free legal consultation for the Bank for Social Innovation (entrepreneurship and social innovation. http://bancodeinovacaosocialpt/