MULTIPLÍCATE is an innovative initiative of the Fernando Pombo Foundation that seeks the promotion and development of the multiplier effect of the legal profession for it so serve the underprivileged.
a) engage today the lawyers of tomorrow in the defense of the rights of the underprivileged.
b) increase the legal profession’s social awareness.
How we do it?
1. Training and awareness raising of Law students: through talks and workshops about pro bono and social responsibility of law in Law faculties. The Fernando Pombo Foundation has conveyed more than 80 training activities in more than 20 universities, reaching more than 3,000 future lawyers.
2. Promotion of Legal Clinic projects: this is an innovative teaching methodology based on learning-service activities, in which Law students learn Law and, at the same time, contribute with their responses to the specific legal need of a social entity or underprivileged group. The Fernando Pombo Foundation has coordinated more than 50 real social entity cases in collaboration with specialized lawyers, professors and students.
Why is this pionnering idea in Spain?
- Because it favors the understanding and expansion of social responsibility and the pro bono work in the legal profession and in future lawyers.
- Because the future of the legal profession also has to focus on its provision of a public service, which is something that Law students and LLM ought to know and experience.
- Because it allows the participation of collaborating pro bono lawyers in complex legal matters, by carrying out detailed analyses through innovative methods and, at the same time, involving different law firms, lawyers, and Law students through Legal Clinics.
- Because there is no other social initiative – according to our understanding – that allows the collaboration and participation of a wide range of lawyers and Law students, which creates a multiplier and beneficial effect for society and for the entities these lawyers work for (business, institutions, universities, etc.)
- Because the Fernando Pombo Foundation participates in national and international forums that analyze the most innovative and pioneering pro bono initiatives in regards to “Legal profession – Law students – social entities” collaborations.
- Future lawyers, social entities and underprivileged people accompanied by social entities benefit from our activities.
MULTIPLÍCATE in the first person