The Fernando Pombo Foundation promotes the legal profession’s engagement with the rights of the underprivileged. We foster the participation of lawyers in pro bono cases for social entities.
The Pro Bono Channel of the Fernando Pombo Foundation is a pioneering initiative in Spain selected by the Botín Foundation as the winner of the V Edition of the Solidary Talent Programme in 2014 and a finalist of the European Pro Bono Award 2015 and 2016. The Foundation hlds an office at the Pro Bono Committe of the International Bar Association and is member of the Pro Bono Council of PILnet (The Global Network for Public Interest Law).
The Pro Bono Channel works as a clearinghouse between social entities and lawyers and carries out the following activities:
- Legal counselling to nonprofit entities in social impact projects.
- Foster of strategic legal initiatives that will have a future social impact.
- Training to nonprofit entities regarding their most relevant legal responsibilities.
- Training in social responsibility to undergraduate and postgraduate law students.
- Creation and participation in Legal Clinics.
- Promotion of fundamental rights of disadvantaged groups through the EXEQUO project.
- Promotion and development of pro bono in Spain.