The Fernando Pombo Foundation is a foundation of lawyers, like Fernando.
The mission of the Fernando Pombo Foundation is to promote the legal profession engagement with the rights of the underprivileged.
The Foundation already has been developing the social responsibility of the legal profession in Spain and abroad since 2010, and in this time its activities and projects have increased exponentially.
Our activities focus on pro bono work, legal clinics and raising the awareness of in-house and corporate lawyers on human rights.
1. We work mainly with the following groups, which we consider to be a priority based on our knowledge, resources and networks:
- Vulnerable women
- Vulnerable patients
- The homeless
- Forced migrants
2. We work for social enterpreneurship through legal innovation to consolidate a suitable legal framework that support our priority groups.
3. Our “Multiplícate” project has a two-fold objective: (i) to train future lawyers on the social function of the legal profession, pro bono work and business and human rights; and (ii) to promote legal clinics.
4. We facilitate the training and awareness of in-house and corporate lawyers on respect for human rights, using our knowledge and involvement with the most innovative international practices, mainly the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (the “Ruggie Principles”).
5. We strive and work towards the strengthening of the rule of law and the advancing of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), particularly Goal 16, “Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions“.
We work with a network of national and international lawyers, NGOs, universities, legal clinics, companies, associations, public administrations and representative institutions.
The Foundation’s methodology and work are, in themselves, a social innovation project, as evidenced by the many recognitions we have been awarded both nationally and internationally.